1051 Budapest, Vigadó tér 2-es kikötő
Vén Hajó Étterem (Old Boat Restaurant)
Vigadó tér 2-es kikötő , 1051 Budapest
The Kossuth steamship was built for the Hungarian Royal Inland- and Maritime Navigation Co. in the Ganz-Danubius Shipyard in Újpest in 1913, and it got the name Archduke Ferdinand. After the dethronement of the Habsburg-dynasty in 1919 it was called Rigó, and later in 1930 it received the name Leányfalu. In the Second World War at the end of 1944, after the withdrawal of the German troops it was taken to Austria. It got home after two years of captivity, and after the spring of 1947 it became the property of the Hungarian-Russian Navigation Co. In 1953 it was rebuilt to an oil fuelled ship. It was at that time that its superstructure received its present form. From 1955 it became the property of the Hungarian Navigation Co. In 1976 it was put out of commission and for a long time it was a house-boat at the Factory Management of Inland Navigation in Újpest.
Reserve your table online now for free through DiningCity: Vén Hajó Étterem – Budapest
Click to see opening-times and more
Meeting room/Private dining
|Groups||Up to 100 people|